Sunday, January 2, 2011

Envelope Mini Album Tutorial

I found this fabulous little mini-album at Follow the Paper Trail's channel on YouTube.  

Here is a photo tutorial on how to create this pocket mini album from business sized envies.  I hope you give this a try, and if you do, please link up in the comments so we can come see it!


 One:
 Just the standard business sized envelope will do.  
I like the self-adhesive ones, so I don't get a paper cut on my tongue :)

Two:

 Three:
 You want the envie open on both ends creating a tube (these will become the pockets).
DO NOT TRIM the third envie to 9" (see next step).

Four:
 This ends up being 4 3/4".  Save the other half for the next page you assemble.

 Five:

Six:

Seven:

Eight:
note: Hold 1/2 envie so that opening is on right.  Apply adhesive to right side and top, bottom, and left leaving a 5/8" margin on the left.  This is where your album's binding will go.

Nine:
Make top and right hand side of each piece flush.  The tab for the binding should stick out on the left.
Ten:
Flip unit created in step 9 over.  Again don't put adhesive on the binding tab.  Glue longer envie (one with 1- 1/2" folded pocket) to this piece making bottom edges flush.

This is what you should have when you are done:
And here are the measurements for cutting the papers to cover the pages:

I cut a little notch out of the top back pocket to access that pocket.

And before I covered the pockets with pretty papers, I did a quick swipe with the paint brush on the edges (or you could ink them).

Here's another look at my finished album created with product from the January Elite Kit:
If you have any questions at all, I am happy to answer them.

1 comments:

Chris said...

This is awesome! and a project to make with my new score board!